Despite improvement in oral health, millions of people suffer from tooth loss – due to periodontal disease, tooth decay, or tooth injury. Traditional dental care methods are the only options for people with missing teeth. But today, dental implants are also an available option.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants support a crown on a tooth in place of missing teeth. Implants look similar to natural teeth and are used to replace one or more missing teeth. Dental implants can prevent your face from looking misshapen or unsightly because of missing teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Dental Implants Can Improve Your Appearance – Dental implants are also known as artificial teeth. Dental implants are made from titanium or calcium to secure a replacement tooth in place and improve your appearance.
- Dental Implants Can Improve Your Speech – Dental implants can improve your speech by replacing missing teeth. Most people don’t realize that dental implants are a better option because they last so much longer.
- Dental Implants Can Improve Your Oral Health – Dental implants are the ultimate solution to a missing tooth. The prosthetic teeth function like natural teeth and last a lifetime, so you can chew and smile with your new, permanent teeth.
- Dental Implants are Durable and Help Easier Eating – Implants are durable, easy to care for and help with eating. They are used in a variety of professions to replace missing teeth while creating a natural appearance.
- Dental Implants can Improve your Self-Esteem – Dental implants are one of the most sought-after ways to improve self-esteem and self-confidence. As dental implants help you have teeth that look, feel, and function like your own natural teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants in Houston
Am I eligible for dental implants?
If you have a healthy jawbone that has not undergone the osteoperiosteal reaction, or you are over 40 years old, or if your primary teeth are impacted and refuse to move, dental implants are a good option for replacing missing teeth.
Can I have more than one tooth replaced with a dental implant?
Yes, you can have multiple teeth replaced with dental implants. The majority of people choose to have more than one tooth repaired with implants.
How long does the implantation process take, including healing?
While the dental implantation process varies depending on your individual needs, the average time to complete the process is between three and four months. The healing period varies based on factors such as your oral health history and how long it has been since you had all of your natural teeth removed.
In conclusion, Bonita Dental in Houston, TX, is an excellent provider of dental implants. Their experienced team of professionals provides quality care, from the initial consultation to the final procedure. With the proper care and maintenance, their implants can last a lifetime.